Section 1 Exercise: Consider writing these questions and answers on a device or medium that you can quickly refer to the future when you begin to be triggered by your co-parent or related situation.
Imagine Life Without This Conflict. How Would Life Be?
- What type of life do you want for your children? What are your goals and dreams for them?
- Is there anything that stands in the way of your children attaining what you want for them?
- How might your children be affected by conflict with your former partner or their family?
- Identify three or more positive outcomes that would happen for your children if there was less conflict.
- Identify three or more positive outcomes that would happen for you if there was less conflict.
- Imagine three to five years from now, that your child tells a close friend what you did to help them through the separation or divorce. What would you like them to say about you and your behavior?